Friday, April 30, 2010 | By: Meety

All at once

'Hey Sheena, what a pleasant surprise!!' said Ronak. Although its been about 2 years since he deleted her number from his phone, it lay there imprinted in his mind, like the stone carvings on the walls of the temple he so loved to visit every often.

Sheena : Hi, how are you?
Ronak : Moving on.. how about you?
Sheena : Am doing good.. enjoying life..
Ronak : Good for you... so what made you call me after such a long time???
Sheena : Well.. Nikhil wanted to talk to you and since you've forbidden me from passing your number to anyone I decided to conference, you can hang up once you guys are done.. I'll just conference and keep the phone aside
Ronak : Oh ok.. Take care..
Sheena: Ok.. you too..


And she left, leaving him with Nikhil...
'Bye Nikihl, do drop in when you get time' he was in no mood to talk..


A strange feeling groped through his stomach and rose up to his chest .. 'NO!
NO NO NO NO WAY!! it took me almost 2 years to gather myself, I won't let a phone call ruin it all for me' he shouted and sat down. He ran his hands through his shaved head.. he was dizzy.. I need some rest.. maybe I'll sleep for some time.. he walked to his room and lied on his bed.. staring up the ceiling.. how I wish she'd come back.


Just then the phone rang, 'You didn't even ask me to come back you moron! You are always like this.. its always me.. am the one who always patches up.. I'm the one to say sorry always.. I thought you would've changed.. but look at you! You are still the same.. the cute little rascal that I've always loved' Tears rolled down his cheeks.. he couldn't believe she finally said what he wanted her to say since 2 years.. 'Baby am soo soo sorry.. I just thought you've moved on.. and didn't want to upset you. You know I need you don't you?? you know I can never say that to you..' 'Moved on?? I'm coming.. am coming over NOW and will slap you hard to let you know how well I've moved on'


He pinched himself to be sure it wasn't a dream. Man it wasn't, he ran down the stairs and rushed to the stores to get her favorite drink and the chicken to go with. I'll make it a special for her... to let her know how much I missed her... All at once he was staring back at the ceiling, he realized it was all a dream or was it just his imaginations running wild?? Whatever it was... it was nothing but real

5 Thought(s):

Ugri said...

Dhi...
How i wish, his dream was real!!!

Uggi

Athresh said...

sometimes dream r better if left as dreams...cos reality wont b all that pleasant..

The new look is gr8!! Wats wid pink nwdays siggy?? The other side of sigma?? ;)

Meety said...

@Uggi : refer to Aadi's comments
@Aadi : Am actually rediscovering myself.. I know I gave you a shock with my pink mobile and now this look.. but then had to change to a more lighter shade so that I don't tire my precious readers eyes :P

Athresh said...

Now this is a classic look!! Very earthy!

Meety said...

Very me ;-)