Tuesday, April 6, 2010 | By: Meety

The lonely star



I was waiting for a rick to go home last night along with a friend. One of the rickshaws which was going in the opposite direction stopped and the driver asked me "Ekkada??" (where??)


As I opened my mouth to reply I noticed that there was just one star in the deep blue sky above me. I turned my head to look at the lonely star. "Why are you so lonely tonight? Did you fight with the love of your life? are you single like me? don't you have any friends?? or did they choose to stay back with their respective lovers and left you on your own today or did you decide to let them spend time together and be a loner??Is something bothering you?? do you also prefer to be on your own when you are upset?? hello.... you hear me??"


He chose not to answer and just winked a twinkle at me :)


By that time my friend had found a rick and managed to bargain for a reasonable fare... "Take care and Good night" I said to the lonely star as I jumped into the rick.


Back in the rick, my friend was all smiles and kept giggling though I wasn't cracking a joke :P. On enquiry she narrated an incident which happened right in front of me, but I failed to notice as I was too busy with the star


Rewind a little... "As I opened my mouth to reply I just noticed that there was just one star in the deep blue sky above me" well.. the rickshaw wala traced my gaze up to the star assuming I was pointing out to the location where I need to go.. he he.. The poor thing was soo frightened that he gave me one puzzled look and fled from the scene as my friend ran behind him.... but he was too horrified to stop ;-)

10 Thought(s):

Athresh said...

Really gud post siggy dear. A very gud point made in a very light way!!

There is something the rick wallah missed. But i got it. And dont worry, wen u luk properly u ll find atleast 1 more star nearby :) .

Happy that it all ended with a laugh!!

Meety said...

dunno.. but I jz saw one... :) and thanks for the comment bwn.. wat did the rickshaw wala miss???

Pink Mango Tree said...

"Are you single like me? don't you have any friends??" --- Kurachu over aalle Stigmu? :)

Meety said...

He he.. over onnum aayila.. if he had replied "Yes am single" then I would have tried a chance with him :P and the friends part.. I do know a few who doesn't really have any.. so put that across in the post :D

Maverick Dev said...

Never get emotionally too much stuck to sm1...
Coz 1 day or othr we r going to b alone...
So try to find happiness in oneself rather dan luking 4 it outside... :):)

Meety said...

@Maverick : Well... its easier said than done.. I do agree finding joy in ones self is good... but then don't we all divert from us and find happiness in others at least one time or the other in life??? I never said am not happy with myself... even I have days wherein I want to be with no one but myself

prasad said...

such fascinating moments happen for dos've cre@tive thoughts!!eNjoi :)

Meety said...

@Prasad : Thank you :)

Unknown said...

lol. funny... poor auto ricky, he definitely dint see any angel in u..wd have been better if u were in a white saree..

gazing at de stars is one thing u simply wd love anyday.. :P

Meety said...

@Rakhin : Very funny.. and yea.. you do know that I love to watch the stars.. don't you?? ;)